Milan, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Milan, New York is part of the Mid-Hudson Library System which includes Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Putnam and Ulster Counties. Check to locate the towns with libraries close to Milan.
| Dutchess County Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 708
Poughkeepsie, NY 12602
| Genealogical Resources: Family History Center, vital records, local records, maps, compiled genealogies, censuses, military records, Palatine immigration records. Online library guide.|
| Dutchess County Historical Society
The Clinton House
549 Main Street
| Genealogical Resources: Family Bibles, cemetery records, local and church histories, city directories, more than 125 family histories, genealogy surname files, maps, newspapers, New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, Year Books of the Holland Society of New York, Olde Ulster, probate records, school yearbooks.|
Historical Societies of Dutchess County.
Margaret Hunts, Historian
Wilcox Memorial Town Hall
20 Wilcox Circle
Milan, NY 12571
Phone: 845-758-5133, ext. 36
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Milan, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- ↑ Town of Milan, New York. A Brief History of the Town of Milan. Milan-NY.Gov, 2009-2011. http://www.milan-ny.gov/history.htm, accessed January 2012
- ↑ Elizabeth Petty Bentley, Genealogist's Address Book: State and Local Resources, with Special Resources Including Ethnic and Religious Organizations, 6th ed. (Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Pub., 2009), 400. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D24ben 2009.
- This page was last modified on 19 January 2012, at 16:50.
- This page has been accessed 996 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page