From FamilySearch Wiki
United States Nevada Millard County
When Millard County, Utah Territory was created 3 March 1852    it extended into present-day Nevada from Sanpete County, Utah on the east to the western edge of the Great Basin in California between Juab and Iron counties in Utah Territory.
Utah Territory's old 1856 counties are named in orange. Present-day Nevada counties are outlined in white.
On 5 January 1856 the Utah legislature reduced Millard County land in present-day Nevada
by carving out part of Carson County
and the northern part of Beaver County
. In 1861 the U.S. Congress created Nevada
Territory with its eastern border at 116° W, and in 1862 moved Nevada's eastern border one degree of longitude east, and repeated that again in 1866, each time reducing Millard County, Utah.
Former Millard County land in present-day Nevada was used eventually to form parts of Carson
, Carson City
(Independent City), Washoe
, White Pine
, and Lincoln
For records of Millard County, Utah Terrtory now in Nevada, see:
- Some records for old Millard County, Utah Territory may have been transferred to, or may have been re-recorded in the new counties formed from the old Millard. See also:
- Carson County, Nevada
- Ormsby County, Nevada
- Carson City, Nevada (Independent City)
- Washoe County, Nevada
- Douglas County, Nevada
- Storey County, Nevada
- Lyon County, Nevada
- Churchill County, Nevada
- Mineral County, Nevada
- Nye County, Nevada
- Lander County, Nevada
- Eureka County, Nevada
- White Pine County, Nevada
- Lincoln County, Nevada
For records of the Millard County in what is present-day Utah, see:
- ↑ Utah Territory Legislative Assembly, Acts, resolutions, and memorials, passed by the first annual, and special sessions, of the Legislative Assembly, of the Territory of Utah, begun and held at Great Salt Lake City, on the 22nd day of September, A.D., 1851 (1852) (G.S.L. City, U.T.: Legislative Assembly, 1852), 163-64. Internet Archive edition.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 687. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Book 973 D274 2002.
- ↑ "Chart of County Formation in Utah" in Division of Archives and Records Service at http://archives.utah.gov/research/guides/county-formation.htm (accessed 11 August 2011).
- ↑ John Koontz, Political History of Nevada, 5th ed. (Carson City, Nev.: SPO, 1965), 34-92. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Book 979.3 N2k
- ↑ Deon C. Greer, Atlas of Utah (Ogden, Utah: Utah State College, 1981), 162-64. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Q Book 979.2 E7a.
- ↑ "Counties of Nevada" in Nevada History: a Walk in the Past at http://nevada-history.org/county.html (accessed 11 August 2011).
This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 03:38.
This page has been accessed 1,439 times.