Minnesota, State Census, 1895 (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: My ancestor is reported in the wrong household. How can I find the correct household members for him?
Answer #1: In Mower County there are several browse points where the enumerator did not record the household number in the row with the head of the household, causing the indexers to identify the household members incorrectly. You can find the correct household members by viewing the image itself. Grand Meadow Township, Grand Meadow Village and Clayton Township are examples of this problem.
The problem of families not being linked together properly also occurs when the pages are out of order on the film, so family members that carried over on the page were not in consecutive order when indexed. In all these cases, the best option is to look at the images and notice page numbers and household numbers. You can then determine correct family relationships.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Minnesota, State Census, 1895>Mower County>Grand Meadow township> Image 1 of 15
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Minnesota, State Census, 1895 (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Minnesota, State Census, 1895 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 7 June 2014, at 03:49.
- This page has been accessed 387 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki