Minstead, HampshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Minstead, Hampshire family history and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Pre-1834 - New Forest; Post-1833 - Redbridge; Thorngate|
|Poor Law Union||New Forest PLU|
|Registration District||New Forest|
|Parish registers: 1682|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1687|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Record Office|
MINSTEAD (All Saints), a parish, in the union, and N. division of the hundred, of New-Forest, Romsey and S. divisions of the county of Southampton, 2¾ miles (N. N. W.) from Lyndhurst; consisting of the tythings of Cadnam, Canterton with Fritham, London Minstead, and Minstead..
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Minstead, Hampshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|MINSTEAD PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288801.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), pp. 321-325. Date accessed: 10 June 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013. Date ranges are not clearly identified.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hampshire, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 8 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 18 April 2014, at 16:04.
- This page has been accessed 1,698 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki