Mississippi (disambiguation)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Mississippi may refer to:
- Mississippi River, the major navigable river of the central United States, having its source at Lake Itasca, Minnesota, meandering south 2,320 miles (3,730 km), helping separate the states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi (state), and Louisiana, flowing past major cities at Minneapolis-St. Paul, St. Louis, Memphis, and New Orleans and emptying into the Gulf of Mexico.
- Mississippi, a southern territory-state of the United States on the Mississippi River and partly on the Gulf of Mexico
- Mississippi may also refer to:
- Mississippi City, otherwise known as Gulfport, Harrison, Mississippi
- Mississippi Sound, a sound along the Gulf Coast of Alabama and the state of Mississippi
- Mississippi River (Ontario), a tributary of the Ottawa River in eastern Ontario, Canada, flowing from its source, Upper Mazinaw Lake, northeasterly 169 kilometer (105 miles) to join the Ottawa River near Arnprior, Ontario.
- Mississippi Lake, in Ontario, Canada
|This disambiguation page lists articles about places with the same name.|
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2011, at 07:39.
- This page has been accessed 384 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More