Missouri GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
United States Missouri
Guide to Missouri ancestry, genealogy and family history birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|News and Events|
|St. Louis Genealogical Society events.|
Welcome to the Missouri page,
the Show Me State
Missouri Digital Heritage site:
- Death certificates 1910-1961
- Judicial Records
- Naturalizations 1816-1955
- MO censuses go back as early as 1817
|How to Find Information about Missouri Ancestors|
Independent City: St. Louis Cityclick here.
Mid-Continent Public Library · Missouri History Museum Library · Missouri State Archives · State Historical Society of Missouri · Kansas City Public Library Special Collections · St. Louis County Library · St. Louis Mercantile Library · Springfield-Greene County Library Midtown · Ozarks Genealogical Society Library · Wilson Creek National Battlefield Park · National Archives at Kansas City · National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) · Newberry Library, Chicago IL · Harrison County Historical Museum TX · National Archives I, Washington DC · University of Missouri Digital Library
Migration RoutesMississippi River · Missouri River · Butterfield Overland Mail · California Trail · Chicago-Kaskaskia Road · Buffalo Trace · Mississippi and Tennessee River Trail · Mormon Trail · Nashville-Saline River Trail · National Road (or Cumberland Road) · Oregon Trail · Santa Fe Trail · Atlantic and Pacific Railroad · Santa Fe Railway · Texas and Pacific Railway
The St. Louis Public Library has a searchable obituary index online, as well as a listing of more than 3,000 surnames of published family histories available in their collections. Issues of the Gateway Family Historian newsletter are available in PDF format for 2005-2011. The library also has an extensive collection of ships' passenger lists.
Researcher NetworkingFacebook and/or Skype.
Wiki articles describing online collections are found at:
- Missouri Births and Christenings (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Missouri Deaths and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Missouri, Confederate Pension Applications and Soldiers; Home Admissions Applications (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- MOGenWeb - Part of the USGenWeb Project. County sites and archives may contain cemetery records, obituaries, court records and other transcriptions.
- Research Guides - Published by The State Historical Society of Missouri
- Historical Facts of Missouri Counties
Obtain additional help
- Call or chat with an experienced researcher
- Join a Facebook Group
- Consult a Professional Genealogist
Help with the Missouri Wiki pages
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need willing volunteers. You can help:
- Expand county articles
- Check links on pages
- ...and more
To add your knowledge and help expand the wiki click here:
- This page was last modified on 17 March 2015, at 13:33.
- This page has been accessed 83,764 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More