Missouri PeriodicalsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The major genealogical periodicals and magazines helpful for Missouri research are:
- Kansas City Genealogist. 1960-. Published by the Heart of America Genealogical Society and Library, c/o Kansas City Public Library, 311 E. 12th St., Kansas City, Missouri 64106-2412. FHL Book 977.841 B2g; Fiche 6010733-60, volumes 1-28.
- Missouri Miscellany: Statewide Missouri Genealogical Records. 1973-84. 17 volumes. Published by Mrs. Howard W. Woodruff, Independence, Missouri. FHL Book 977.8 D2w v. 1-17.
- Missouri Pioneers: County and Genealogical Records. 1967-76. 30 volumes. Published by Nadine Hodges & Mrs. Howard W. Woodruff, Independence, Missouri. FHL Book 977.8 D2h; volumes 1-2 on film 496617 items 8-9; volumes 3-6 on film 496618; volume 7 on film 823774 item 5.
- Ozar' Kin: The People who Settled the Missouri Ozarks. 1979-. Published by the Ozarks Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 3945, Springfield, Missouri 65808-3945 FHL Book 977.8 D25o.
- Pioneer Times. 1977-1993. Published by the Mid-Missouri Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 715, Jefferson City, Missouri 65102. FHL Book 977.8 B2p; Fiche 6333987-95, volumes 1-9.)
- The Prairie Gleaner. 1969-. Published by the West Central Missouri Genealogical Society and Library, 705 Broad Street, Warrensburg, Missouri 64093-2032. FHL Book 977.84 B2p.
- St. Louis Genealogical Society Quarterly. 1968-. Published by the St. Louis Genealogical Society, 1695 So. Brentwood Boulevard, St. Louis, Missouri 63144. FHL Book 977.865 B2q; volumes 1-2 on film 1698206 item 16; volumes 1-27 and an index to volumes 11-20 on films 1698209-10.
A helpful index to subjects in 13 periodicals is Robert L. Grover, Missouri Genealogical Periodical Index: A County Guide, 1960-1982 (Independence: Missouri Territory Pioneers, 1983; FHL Book 977.8 B22g.
- This page was last modified on 11 July 2012, at 04:03.
- This page has been accessed 1,351 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More