Mitchell County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Mitchell County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Mitchell County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 26, 1867|
|Address|| Mitchell County Courthouse|
111 S. Hershey Ave.
Beloit, Kansas 67420-0190
Mitchell County Courthouse
111 S Hersey Avenue
Beloit, KS 67420
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1867--Mitchell County was created 26 February 1867 from unorganized territory. County seat: Beloit 
- Mitchell County was not organized until after the Civil War.
Beloit, KS High School Alumni Roster: Covers the years 1883-1921
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Mitchell County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Mitchell County, Kansas page 253, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 1 February 2013, at 17:56.
- This page has been accessed 1,075 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More