Mitchell County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Mitchell County North Carolina genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Mitchell County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Mitchell County Courthouse
Crimson Laurel Way Admin Bldg
P O Box 82
Bakersville, NC 28705
Clerk Superior Court has divorce and probate records from 1861
and Court records from 1912 Regiser of Deeds has marriage and land records 
1907--Several records believed destroyed during move into new courthouse.
For tips on accessing Mitchell County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- 1861-1969 - Mitchell County Marriage Index 1861-1969 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Mitchell County, North Carolina. Page 511 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/9/91/Iginorthcarolinag.pdf.
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 4 May 2013, at 16:04.
- This page has been accessed 3,225 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More