Mitchell County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Mitchell County North Carolina genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Mitchell County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Mitchell County Courthouse
Crimson Laurel Way Admin Bldg
P O Box 82
Bakersville, NC 28705
Clerk Superior Court has divorce and probate records from 1861
and Court records from 1912 Regiser of Deeds has marriage and land records 
For animated maps illustrating North Carolina county boundary changes, "Rotating Formation North Carolina County Boundary Maps" (1664-1965) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
1907--Several records believed destroyed during move into new courthouse. For a list of record loss in North Carolina counties see: North Carolina Counties with Burned Courthouses
For tips on accessing Mitchell County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- -6th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- - 5th Battalion, North Carolina Cavalry, Company B
:- 5th Regiment, North Carolina Senior Reserves, Company G
:- 6th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry, Company E
- 1861-1969 - Mitchell County Marriage Index 1861-1969 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Mitchell County, NC History, Records, Facts and Genealogy (Genealogy Inc)
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- FamilySearch Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Mitchell County, North Carolina. Page 511 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/9/91/Iginorthcarolinag.pdf.
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 00:27.
- This page has been accessed 4,404 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki