Monk Sherborne, HampshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Monk Sherborne, Hampshire family history and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Monk Sherborne, Hampshire|
|Poor Law Union||Basingstoke PLU|
|Parish registers: 1618|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1728|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Record Office|
In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, described Monk Sherborne like this:
SHERBORNE-MONK, or West S., a parish, with a village and two tythings, in Basingstoke district, Hants; 3 miles NW of Basingstoke r. station. Post town, Basingstoke..
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Monk Sherbourne parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|MONK SHERBOURNE PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288792.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870. Date accessed 10 June 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013. Date ranges are not clearly identified.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hampshire, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 8 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 30 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 29 April 2014, at 05:34.
- This page has been accessed 873 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki