Montana, Death Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Montana, Death Index, 1860-2007 .
The collection consists of indexes to deaths from the State of Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services, Office of Vital Statistics in Helena for the years 1860 to 2007. The index is provided by Ancestry.com.
Information found in this collection may include:
- Age at Death
- Estimated Birth Year
- Date of Death
- Certificate Number or page number
- Name of Deceased
- Name of Father
- Name of Mother
- Name of Spouse
- Place of Death
- Gender of Deceased
- Page Number
How to Use the Record
To begin your search it is helpful to know the following:
- The name of the person at the time of death
- The place where the death occurred
- The approximate death date
Search the Collection
Fill in the requested information in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the ancestors in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to find your ancestor.
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
For tips about searching on-line collections see the on-line video at FamilySearch Search Tips.
|FHL Place United States, Montana items or FHL Keyword Montana items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Montana Archives and Libraries.|
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citation for this Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Records collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "Montana, Death Index, 1860-2007." Index. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing "Montana Death Index, 1907-2007." Ancestry.com. www.ancestry.com : 2009.
- This page was last modified on 25 August 2014, at 22:00.
- This page has been accessed 6,611 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page