Montgomery County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Montgomery County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Montgomery County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 26, 1867|
|Address|| Montgomery County Courthouse|
217 E. Myrtle
P.O. Box 446
Independence, Kansas 67301-0446
Montgomery County Courthouse
217 E Myrtle; PO Box 446;
Independence, KS 67301
County Clerk has birth and death records 1886-1911.
Probate Court has marriage and probate records from 1870.
Clerk District Court has divorce and court records from 1870.
Register of deeds has land records from 1870. 
- 1867--Montgomery County was created 26 February 1867 from Wilson County. County seat: Independence 
- For information about Civil War records see Wilson County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Montgomery County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Montgomery County, Kansas page 253, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 1 February 2013, at 17:57.
- This page has been accessed 1,290 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More