Morley St Peter, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Morley St Peter, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Morley St Peter, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Forehoe PLU|
|Parish registers: 1562; For more records see Morley St Botolph|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
MORLEY (St. Peter), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Forehoe, E. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (S. W. by W.) from Wymondham. 
Morley St Peter is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
MORLEY (St. Peter), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Forehoe, E. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (S. W. by W.) from Wymondham; containing 191 inhabitants. The living is annexed to the rectory of Morley St. Botolph. The church is a small ancient structure, with a low tower, and contains a neat monument to the Sedleys, who resided here.
From: 'Morley - Morton-upon-Lug', A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 345-350. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51160 Date accessed: 14 March 2011.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. Online searches may be made at Free BMD.
- Forehoe 1837-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Morley St Peter, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Morley St Peter, Norfolk Online Parish Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 2/ 8-12
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Morley St Peter on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 345-350. Date accessed:23 April 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:26.
- This page has been accessed 1,268 times.