Mossville, LouisianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Founded by ex-slave Jack Moss in the late 1800s, Mossville is a small community on the outskirts of Lake Charles.
Mossville was featured in the 2002 documentary film Blue Vinyl, which focused on the health effects of nearby polyvinyl chloride factories on community members. Most of the homes that were located closest to the refinery have now been either moved to other locations or torn down.
Records and Resources
- Southwest Louisiana Genealogical and Historical Library
- McNeese University Archives - Mossville Bibliography
- Lake Charles American Press
Online subscriptions or day passes to the ePaper allow users to search the entire archives.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 04:57.
- This page has been accessed 1,050 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More