From FamilySearch Wiki
United States > Maryland > Allegany > Mount Savage
Place Name Variants
Arnold Settlement , Corriganville, Jennings, Jennings Run, Jennons Run, Luthworth
Church History and Records
- Saint Ignatius (now Saint Patrick)
Family History Library book 975.2 A1 no.222 (fiche 6067470)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kaminkow, Marion J. Maryland A to Z: A Topographical Dictionary. Baltimore, Maryland: Magna Carta Book Company, 1985. p230
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Kenny, Hamill. The Placenames of Maryland, Their Origin and Meaning. Baltimore: Museum and Library of Maryland History, Maryland Historical Society, 1984. The origin and meaning of the various words and phrases used in Maryland to name the State's most representative villages, towns, cities, mountains, and watercourses. Copious footnotes and an extensive bibliography. Superior treatment of Indian-derived placenames. p165
- ↑ Alotta, Robert I. Signposts and Settlers: The History of Place Names in the Middle Atlantic States. Chicago: Bonus Books, 1992. p365
- ↑ Davidson, Phyllis Riesbeck, and Richard T. Koch. St. Ignatius (Now St. Patrick), Mt. Savage, MD: St. Mary, Cumberland, MD, Parishioners, Marriages, Baptisms, and Deaths, 1819-1844. Maryland?: s.n, 1900s.
This page was last modified on 6 December 2013, at 17:05.
This page has been accessed 1,011 times.