Mountain Home Idaho Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1150 North 8th East Mountain Home Idaho 83647 United States
- Park in the back (off 12th North Street).
- Ring the door bell or knock loudly.
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the director in advance at (1-208-587-5249.)
All Holidays: Week of Thanksgiving and last two weeks in December: In event of extreme winter weather:
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events -- Increased hours in the fall
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
- We have a lot of DUP books
- Map books
- How to books
- Cemetery list of Elmore County, close to complete
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- microfilm reader
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Looking for volunteers to work 2-4 hour shifts during the day or evening hours. Need not be proficient. Training available.
- This page was last modified on 25 March 2015, at 20:34.
- This page has been accessed 821 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More