Mucklestone, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Mucklestone, Staffordshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Market Drayton PLU|
|Registration District||Market Drayton|
|Parish registers: 1555|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1674|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
MUCKLESTONE, or Muxton, a township in Stafford, and a parish partly also in Salop; all in the district of Market-Drayton. The township lies near the river Tern at the boundary with Salop, 4½ miles N E of Market-Drayton r. station.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Mucklestone parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|MUCKLESTONE PARISH (1555) Online Records|
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in full by Staffordshire Freereg and can be searched for free.
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Mucklestone, Staffordshire 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474620.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales. Date accessed: 11 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 23 July 2014.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 14 August 2014.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 14 August 2014, at 20:25.
- This page has been accessed 979 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki