Murdock Academy, Utah LDS Church Wards and BranchesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MURDOCK ACADEMY, Beaver Co., Utah, was founded in 1889 at Fort Cameron, situated at the mouth of Beaver Canyon. The school offered a four-year high school course, a three-year agricultural course and a three-year domestic science course. The Academy was closed in 1922 as a continuation in the face of the school facilities in Beaver would have been an unnecessary duplication of studies. 
- 1873 - Fort Cameron established by the U. S. Government
- 1883 - Fort Cameron abandoned as a military station
- Before 1889 - The property came into the possession of the Brigham Young Academy at Provo
- 1889 - Murdock Academy (located at Fort Cameron, at the mouth of Beaver Canyon) was founded as an extension of Brigham Young Academy.
- 1898 - Beaver Branch of B. Y. University was established.
- 1922 - The Academy was closed as school facilities in Beaver would have been an unnecessary duplication of studies.
Obtain the Records
- See the Church History Library for more information and records.
- This page was last modified on 26 March 2013, at 17:26.
- This page has been accessed 507 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page