Murray Utah Little Cottonwood Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
- 6180 Glenoaks Drive, Murray, UT 84107
Phone: (801) 264-4136
- Marianne Ruben - 1 801-916-1196
- Assistant Directors: Colleen Oliver and Adele Knudson
- Tuesday 10am - 4pm, 7pm - 9pm
- Wednesday 10am - 1pm, 7pm - 9pm
- Thursday 10am - 4pm
- Closed for the following 2014 holidays:
- July 24, 2014 - Pioneer Day
- November 26 & 27, 2014 - Thanksgiving
- December 22, 2014 through January 1, 2015 - Christmas & New Year's
Calendar and Events
If you are interested in attending classes at our Family History Center, please call, text or email so we'll know how many to plan for:
Marianne Ruben at 801-916-1196 or email@example.com
Family Tree Basics & FamilySearch Sources - Instructors: Marianne Ruben & Tom Decker
Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 9:00 am or 7:00 pm
This class will begin with a brief overview of FamilySearch and Family Tree followed by a lecture and demonstration on how to find and attach FamilySearch sources and how to add and correct information in Family Tree.
Researching on Other Websites - Instructor: Adele Knudson
Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 9:00 am or 7:00 pm
Learn about a few "non-FamilySearch" websites to help you in your research. Demonstrations will teach you how to attach a source in Family Tree using Tree Connect. You will also learn how to merge duplicates in this class.
Finding and Reserving Names - Instructor: Marianne Ruben
Thursday, November 6, 2014 - 9:00 am or 7:00 pm
In this class you will learn techniques for finding names using descendancy research, organizing your descendant lines, and reserving the names for temple ordinances.
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Our Center is equipped with 10 dual monitor stations and 2 single monitor stations. A Lexmark scanner/copier is available for scanning photos and documents directly to FamilySearch. A 55" wall-mount television makes this family history center ideal for training.
Staff Research Specialties
- England - Don Dalling. Available Thursday 10AM-1PM.
- Family Tree - Tom Decker. Available Thursday 10AM-1PM.
- New England Research - Adam Weagle. Available Tuesday 7-9PM
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 30 September 2014, at 04:32.
- This page has been accessed 997 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page