Myddle, ShropshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Hundred||Albrighton Division; Pimhill|
|Poor Law Union||Ellesmere PLU|
|Parish registers: 1617|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1632|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Shropshire Record Office|
MIDDLE, a township and a parish in Ellesmere district, Shropshire. The township lies 3 miles E by N of Baschurch r. station, and 7 N by W of Shrewsbury. The parish contains also the townships of Alderton, Hadnall, Haston, Hardwick, Shotton, Smethcott, Baldurton, Marton, Newton, and part of Sleep,-the first six of which constitute the chapelry of Hadnall. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Myddle parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|MYDDLE PARISH Online Records|
Bishop's transcripts held at Lichfield Record Office Bap 1632-1852 Marr 1632-1846 Bur 1632-1852
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474588.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Shropshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 22 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Baptisms 1538-1900,' FindMyPast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Marriages 1538-1900,' FindMyPast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Banns 1760-1900,' FindMyPast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Burials 1538-1900,' FindMyPast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Shropshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 25 April 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 29 April 2014, at 04:28.
- This page has been accessed 692 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki