Nampa Idaho Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 101 N Canyon Street Nampa Idaho 83651-2050 United States
Classes and Workshops
Priesthood Leader and Consultant Training Classes
These classes are taught Tuesday evenings at 7 pm during the months of January, March, May, July, September, and November.
Please call or come by to sign up for this four week course.
1. Blessing Lives Through Temple and Family History Work
2. Leader's Guide to Temple and Family History Work: To Turn the Hearts
3. FamilySearch.org and Online Training Resources
4. Family History Center Resources
Preparations for Groups Attending the Family History Center
1. GROUPS: Please have each Person Create an LDS User’s Account Before Coming to Class
- a. Bring up the Internet on their home computer.
- b. Click on the address bar (the words will turn blue) and type “familysearch.org” and tap the Enter key.
- c. Click on “Sign In” which is found toward the top right side of the screen.
- d. A sign in screen will appear. Click on “Create New Account.”
- e. Click on “LDS FamilySearch Account” and then click “Continue” and then follow the instructions on that screen.
2. Family Research: If they are coming to find or learn how to find ancestors to do temple work for, please ask them to bring a filled out Four Generation Pedigree Chart. If they do not have that information, please ask them to bring the names, birth or death dates, and birth or death places of ancestors who have passed on (one to four names will be helpful).
3. Indexing: If they are coming to do indexing, they will only need to create their LDS Account before coming.
Classes and Workshops Schedule
Register for Workshops
Please call 467- 5827 or stop in to sign up for workshops.
Class size is limited to eighteen persons in the large class room and six persons in the small class room.
Family History Introductory Workshops
Please notice that each workshop has a number. Use that number to check the current schedule of workshops listed below. Each workshop will last about 30 minutes. ;Afterwards, participants may then remain at the Center to practice their new skills as they wish.
1 Leadership Training (Leaders and New Consultants)
2 Family Tree - Introduction
3 Family Tree - Add, Edit, Delete, Relationships
4 Family Tree - Adding Sources
5 Family Tree - Merging & Preparing Names for the Temple
6 Family Tree - Adding Stories
7 Family Tree - Adding Photos
8 NEW - Puzzilla for Descendancy Research
9 FamilySearch - How to use the Wiki
10 Indexing - Introduction
11 Finding Your Family via Sources on the Internet
12 PAF - What can it still do?
13 Roots Magic - Introduction
14 Legacy Family Tree - Introduction
15 Ancestral Quest - Introduction
18 Census Records
19 NEW- How to Find Cousins who need Temple Ordinances
20 Writing Your Personal History
21 Researching German Records
26 Vital Records and How to Find Them
27 FamilySearch Catalog (Salt Lake FHL)
28 Probate and Court Records
29 NEW - MyHeritage Introduction
Workshops and Instructors for June 2014
10 am 2 pm 7 pm
June 4 Wednesday 10 am #7 Nielsen ..... 2 pm #4 Johnson
June 5 Thursday 2 pm #12 Jepson ..... 7 pm #13 Steve Greathouse
June 7 SATURDAY 10 am #14 Grant
June 10 Tuesday 7 pm #1 Jepsen
June 11 Wednesday 10 am #6 Simpson ..... 2 pm #10 Edith Berthelson ..... 7 pm#20 Debra Holm
June 12 Thursday 10 am #15 Perkins ..... 2 pm #11 Henley ..... 7 pm #16 Andrea Swayne
June 14 SATURDAY 10 am #14 Grant
June 17 Tuesday 7 pm #19 Beames
June 18 Wednesday 10 am #20 Sweet ..... 2 pm #13 Max Berthelson
June 19 Thursday 2 pm #17 Beames ..... 7 pm
June 21 SATURDAY 10 am #14 Grant
June 24 Tuesday 7 pm
June 25 Wednesday 10 am #18 Nielsen ..... 2 pm #29 Max Berthelson
June 26 Thursday 7 pm #7 Virginia Greathouse
June 28 SATURDAY 10 am #14 Grant
Premium Research Websites
The following Premium Subscription Websites are available for use, free of charge, at the Center:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press-The American Civil War
- Find My Past
- The Genealogist
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
The Center has a significant selection of microfilm on hand with access to many thousands more. An indexed list is available in the Center.
Books and Maps
The Center has many volumes available. A binder with the listings is available in the Center.
The Center has staff members serving Monday morning, Tuesday evening, and Thursday evening who speak Spanish.
Wednesday evening is a great time to schedule a visit to the Center for youth groups.
Online Film Ordering: https://www.familysearch.org/films/ Films are now to be ordered online instead of at the Family History Center.
Western Idaho/Eastern Oregon Family History Conference
Date to be determined
Nampa North Stake Center 6111 Birch Lane (Northwest of the Idaho Center)
Holiday Schedule 2014
Jan 1: New Years Day
April 5: General Conference
May 26: Memorial Day
July 3 (close at 5 pm)
July 4, 5: Independence Day
Sep 1: Labor Day
Oct 4: General Conference
Nov 11: Veteran's Day
Nov 26-29: Thanksgiving
Dec 22-31: Christmas
Jan 1-2, 2015: New Years
Also closed for the Area Family History Conferences.
- This page was last modified on 31 July 2014, at 20:24.
- This page has been accessed 6,328 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki