Nash, ShropshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Nash, Shropshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Tenbury PLU|
|Parish registers: 1825; For more records see Burford|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Shropshire Record Office|
WESTON, with Nash and Tilsop, a chapelry, in the parish of Burford, union of Tenbury, hundred of Overs, S. division of Shropshire, 6 miles (E. S. E.) from Ludlow; containing 381 inhabitants, of whom 40 are in Weston, 115 in Nash, and 226 in Tilsop. The chapel is at Nash.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Nash, Shropshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = Shropshire Records (findmypast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|Nash, Shropshire Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474587.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Shropshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 519-524. Date accessed: 04 July 2012.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Marriages 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Banns 1760-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Burials 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Shropshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 25 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:32.
- This page has been accessed 908 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page