Nashville-Saline River TrailEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This trail went from Nashville, Tennessee to Shawneetown, Illinois a port on the Ohio River. Old Shawneetown is located downstream about 40 miles from Evansville, Indiana.
- From Shawneetown one could continue northwest on the trail to Saint Louis or they could catch a river boat at Shawneetown to Saint Louis or to points north or south on the Mississippi River.
- The trail was followed by thousands of settlers as they traveled from central Kentucky and other parts of the upper south to Illinois and points north to Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Trail on Map
- This page was last modified on 5 February 2013, at 15:19.
- This page has been accessed 1,616 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More