NebraskaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Welcome to the Nebraska page,
the Cornhusker State
- NE 1854-1856 territorial censuses.
- NE 1885 federal census.
- Many settlers filed homestead applications to get Nebraska land.
- NE birth records start fairly late.
- The Oregon, California, Mormon, and Bozeman Trails followed the Platte River thru Nebraska to Wyoming.
|How to Find Information about Nebraska Ancestors|
Major RepositoriesNebraska State Historical Society · Beatrice Public Library · State DAR Library · American Historical Society of Germans from Russia · National Archives Central Plains Region (Kansas City) · Mid-Continent Public Library Midwest Genealogy Center
Featured ContentIn the 1850's a major port of entry to Nebraska was New Orleans. Steamboats transported settlers and goods up the Mississippi-Missouri river system to Council Bluffs and Winter Quarters (Florence). Read more...
Wiki articles describing online collections
- Nebraska Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Nebraska, Broken Bow Homestead Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Did You Know?
- O’Bits of Nebraska is an ongoing collection of obituaries, notices of death, and news of tragic deaths printed before 1930. The focus is on newspapers in smaller towns. New items are added each week.
- On May 6, 1877, famed Chief Crazy Horse surrendered with 1,000 of his followers near Camp Robinson. On September 7, 1877, he was bayoneted in the back because he was said to have resisted his captors. Read more...
- The Family History Library has a collection of records pertaining to the Nebraska Native Races
Obtain additional help
- Call or chat with an experienced researcher
- Join a Facebook Group
- Consult a Professional Genealogist
To add your knowledge and help expand the wiki click here:
- ↑ U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, "General Land Office Records" at http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/ (accessed 19 December 2011).
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Oregon Trail" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Trail (accessed 19 December 2011); Wikipedia contributors, "California Trail" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Trail (accessed 19 December 2011); Wikipedia contributors, "Mormon Trail" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_Trail (accessed 19 December 2011); Wikipedia contributors, "Bozeman Trail" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bozeman_Trail (accessed 19 December 2011).
- This page was last modified on 5 August 2014, at 02:53.
- This page has been accessed 15,069 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki