Necton, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Swaffham|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Necton, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Necton, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Norfolk Nonconformist Chapel Survey undertaken by the Norfolk Archaeological and Historical Research Group
Norwich Record Office reference SO 197/14/1-10, 900X8
Description 1 Narborough Wesleyan Methodist
2 Neatishead Baptist, including memoranda of memorial inscriptions.
3 Neatishead Primitive Methodist. Demolished. No photographs.
4 Necton Baptist
5 Necton Wesleyan Methodist
6 Newton St Faith Primitive Methodist
7 Nordelph Wesleyan Methodist
8 Northwold Wesleyan Methodist
9 Northwold Primitive Methodist
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438860.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Necton on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 368-372. Date accessed: 29 April 2013.
- ↑ Pat Newby, "Norfolk: Towns and Parishes", GenUKI
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 28 May 2015, at 02:00.
- This page has been accessed 2,169 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News