Netherlands, Gelderland Province Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, How to use Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #1: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Aalten > Geboorten 1821-1825: The 1822 birth certificates are not available online. They can be viewed on Film 305504.
Aalten > Huwelijken 1903-1912: 1908 Certificate #66 (October) is missing. It is not available on microfilm either.
- Alem records can also be found in the collection Netherlands, Noord-Brabant Province, Civil Registration, 1811-1942 > Alem, Maren en Kessel. The town of Alem also know previously as Alem, Maren en Kessel was a part of Noord-Brabant but in 1958 Alem was moved to the Gelderland province.
- Beuningen > Geboorten 1879-1882: 1880 births after 15 April are missing. They can be found on Film 210425.
- Didam > Geboorten 1811-1821: Only an index is available for 1816 births. The records can be viewed on Film #210570.
- Harderwijk > Huwelijksaangiften 1838-1842 Huwelijksafkondigingen 1834-1842 contains the duplicate images from Huwelijksaangiften 1838-1842 (Film 358787). It has not been determined whether Film 358786 contains the correct records.
- Nijmegen > Overlijden 1844: Death records for the period 22 August – 8 October are presently not available; they are not on microfilm.
- Rheden > Overlijden 1877-1881: Only an index is available for 1880 deaths. The record can be viewed on Film 211454
- Voorst > Overlijden 1818-1820: 1818 records prior to 21 September are missing. They can be viewed on Film 429577.
- Zevenaar > Overlijden 1811-1826 is missing the records for 1818. Images 122-127 only incudes an index for the year 1818,
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Zoelen > Huwelijken 1813-1842 includes Echtscheidingen 1839-1842.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection, please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurs. Example: Netherlands, Gelderland Province Civil Registration, 1800-1952 > Beek > Geboorten (births) 1811-1814 > Image 3 of 252
- If you are reporting a technical issue, please include your operating system and browser version (i.e. Windows XP, Internet Explorer 8)
Return to the Netherlands, Gelderland Province Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Netherlands, Gelderland Province Civil Registration, 1800-1952 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 17 November 2014, at 19:23.
- This page has been accessed 1,609 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page