Netherlands, Noord-Holland, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Netherlands, Noord-Holland, Civil Registration, 1811-1950 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Noord-Holland Burgerlijke Stand
The collection covers the years 1811 to 1950, but the exact years vary within each municipality and record type.
Civil registration records include official records for births, marriages, and deaths. This collection also includes ten year indexes, marriage intentions, marriage proclamations, and marriage supplements.
For more information about the history, content, and use of these records see the wiki article Netherlands Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records).
For a list of records by localities, record types and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
Birth Records generally contain the following information:
- Birth date and place of birth
- Name of child
- If still-born, illegitimate, or twin
- Names of parents, father's occupation and their residence
- Birth place of father
- Birth place of mother
- Date and number of record
Marriage Records generally contain the following information:
- Date and Place of Event
- Name of Bride and Groom
- Residence, Marital Status, and Age
- Names of Parents
- Names of Witnesses
Death Records generally contain the following information:
- Date and Place of Death
- Name of Deceased Person
- Age or Birth Date
- Residence Place and sometimes the Place of Origin
- Cause of Death
- Marital Status
- If Married, the Name of the Spouse and sometimes the Names of Children
- Sometimes Names of Parents
- Names of Witnesses
How to Use the Records
To search by index:
Fill in the requested information in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the ancestors in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to find your ancestor.
To search the collection images:
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the appropriate "Municipality"
⇒Select the appropriate "Record Type and Years" which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image, comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
As you are searching, it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor’s given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence and age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Dutch. For help with reading the records, see the following resources:
- Netherlands Language and Languages
- [Netherlands - The Dutch Language (National Institute)]
FamilySearch Historical Records
- Netherlands Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Drenthe Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Friesland Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Gelderland Province Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Groningen Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Limburg Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Noord-Brabant Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Overijssel, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Utrecht Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Zeeland Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands Births and Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands Deaths and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Don't overlook FHL Place Netherlands, Noord-Holland items or FHL Keyword Netherlands, Noord-Holland, Civil Registration items in the FamilySearch Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Netherlands Archives and Libraries.|
Known Issues with This Collection
| Problems with this collection?|
See a list of known issues, workarounds, tips, restrictions, future fixes, news and other helpful information.
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
- Zoekakten - This website is in Dutch. It narrows down this collection by different regions and records.
- Dutch Genealogy
Related Wiki Articles
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information (often called citing your sources). This will help people find the record again and evaluate the reliability of the source. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. Citations are available for the collection as a whole and each record or image individually.
- "Netherlands, Noord-Holland, Civil Registration, 1811-1950." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing Rijksarchief te Haarlem [Noord-Hollands Archives, Haarlem].
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):
|The citation for a record is available with each record in this collection, at the bottom of the record screen. You can search records in this collection by visiting the search page for Netherlands, Noord-Holland, Civil Registration 1811-1950.|
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Netherlands, Noord-Holland, Civil Registration 1811-1950.|
A full bibliographic record is available in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- This page was last modified on 6 January 2016, at 03:41.
- This page has been accessed 8,149 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News