Netherlands, Zeeland Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: Why do some record sets include records of a type other than that described in the set title; i.e., births, deaths, marriages, and divorces may be mixed together?
Answer #1: The original records are of mixed type. Birth, marriage and death records are in one book, and in some cases, more than one record type is found on the same page. Not much can be done to resolve that, so the collection was organized with three sets of the same images in numerical order. One set for births, one for deaths and one for marriages. The resulting combination of record sets usually appear alphabetically by type, e.g., Geboorten records appear first, followed by Huwelijken, Overlijden, etc.
Question #2: Misplaced records; where can they be found?
Answer #2: See answers below. If records are available on film; see Ordering Microfilm to a Family History Center. for instruction.
- Zierikzee Overlijden 1854 – contains a few huwelijken (marriages) from 1890 for Zoutelande
- Zierikzee Geboorten 1894 contains a few geboorten (births) for Zoutelande from 1827
Question #3: The following records are missing. Are they available?
Answer #3: See answers below. If records are available on film; see Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions.
- Axel > Overlijden 1883-1912, records18-21 are missing following image 204
- Nieuwerkerk Huwelijkenbijlagen 1811-1907 is missing year 1837.
- Ovezande Overlijden 1811-1842: Death entries #8-13, from 17 March to 21 November 1829, are missing on both the digitized record and on the original microfilm 122646.
Question #4: Are any records out of order?
Answer #4: In the Groede > Geboorten 1796-1812 record set the 7th year of the Republic (image 109) appears between the 8th year (image 51) and the 9th year (image 143).
Question #5: At the browse point Bruinisse > Huwelijksbijlagen 1836-1910, the records jump from 1842 to 1883 between images 612 and 613. Where are the records from 1842-1883?
Answer #5: Currently, these records are not available. The browse path is incorrectly labeled. There are records from 1836 to 1842 and 1883 to 1910
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Netherlands, Zeeland Province Civil Registration, 1796-1940 > Arnemuiden > Huwelijken 1811-1842 > Image 12 of 370.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Netherlands, Zeeland Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Netherlands, Zeeland Province, Civil Registration, 1796-1940 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 8 June 2014, at 02:56.
- This page has been accessed 248 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page