Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: Many of the records in the Civil Registrations have files connected to the wrong records. This link: Wegwijzer in de wondere wereld van FamilySearch also known as Genver, contains a list of all the problems that have been reported thus far and the correct location of the desired records. This site is being updated as needed. The information is in Dutch.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
Question #1: Why do some browse points include records of a type other than that indicated. For example, births, deaths, marriages, and divorces may be mixed together?
Answer #1: The original records are of mixed types. Birth, marriage and death records are in one book, and in some cases, more than one record type is found on the same page. Not much can be done to resolve that, so the collection was organized with three sets of the same images in numerical order. One set for births, one for deaths and one for marriages. The resulting combination of record sets usually appear alphabetically by type, e.g., Geboorten records appear first, followed by Huwelijken, Overlijden, etc.
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Hellevoetsluis > Overlijden 1894-1902 in link for Hekendorp > Overlijden 1893-1902 beginning with image 101.
- Strijen > Overlijden (deaths) 1913-1932:
- • Records begin with 1923, followed by 1924.
- • 1913-1932 records follow those for 1924 in sequence, beginning at Image 53.
- Vrijenban>Geboorten, Huwelijken and Overlijden 1812-1817.
- Vrijenban was incorporated into Delft as of 1 Jan 1812 and separated again 1 Apr 1817. History of the town between 1812-1921 can be found at Genver website. Search in Delft for these records.
Question #3: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #3: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location.
- Goudswaard > Overlijden (deaths) 1913-1932 are available on Film #1800634.
- Goudswaard > Huwelijken (marriages) 1913-1922: Geboorten (births) 1913-1922 are at this marriages link. Huwelijksaangiften (marriage returns) 1913-1922 are available in the Netherlands, Civil Registration, 1792-1952 collection.
- Hellovoetsluis > Overlijden 1894-1902 are available on Film # 1800635
- Maasdam > Geboorten (births) 1853 are not available in this collection or on film.
- Oudenhoorn > Overlijden (deaths) 1857-1869 records for 1858 are missing except for Certificate #50 and #51. No additional 1858 records are on Film #237359.
- Sandelingen-Ambacht > Geboorten 1843-1855 records are available on Film #237497.
Question #4: There are municipalities listed which are not in Zuid-Holland Province. Do you have a complete list of these?
Answer #4: Municipalities that are incorrectly included in the Zuid-Holland collection are listed below under the correct province.
- Zeeland Province: Middelburg
Question #5: The images for Breille > Geboorten (Births) 1847-1860 are too light to read. Are the records available on film?
Answer #5: The records found on Film 236657 appear to be more readable.
Question #6: The 1913 and 1915 records seem to be missing from the Schoonhoven > Tienjarige tafels 1913-1922 Geboorten browse point. How can I see them?
Answer #6: The Geboorten index for years 1913 and 1915 are not on the film. The film appears damaged and the records were likely unavailable for filming.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration, 1679-1942 > DeBilt > Huwelijken (marriages) 1913-1922 > Image 201 of 339.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration, 1679-1942 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 25 August 2014, at 05:14.
- This page has been accessed 1,096 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page