Netherlands WieWasWie RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
WieWasWie is the premier site for Dutch records. The information from this site is taken directly from the Netherlands Civil Register. Some church records are also included. This site contains records with over 103 million names. The index is not complete; records are continuously being added. Most notably missing are records from Amsterdam,The Hague and Rotterdam
Coverage for Large Cities
There are also records included from some of the Dutch colonies.
Another incredible site is: http://geneaknowhow.net/digi/bronnen.html
Records for Amsterdam baptisms before 1811 can be found at: https://stadsarchief.amsterdam.nl/archieven/archiefbank/indexen/doopregisters/zoek/index.nl.html
Some records for The Hague can be found at: http://www.denhaag.nl/smartsite.html?id=37609
The web-site for Rotterdam is: http://www.gemeentearchief.rotterdam.nl
Leiden's web-site can be found at: http://www.leidenarchief.nl/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=8
And Delft: http://www.archief.delft.nl/
This WieWasWie site includes:
- Births (1811 to 1910)
- Marriages (1811 to 1937)
- Deaths (1811 to 1960)
- Death duties - statements of succession
A record of birth provides the following information:
- Name, occupation, age and address of the declarant(s)
- Name,occupation and age of the father
- Name and sometimes the occupation of the mother
- Date and time of the birth and sometimes the address where the birth took place
- Gender and Names of the Baby
- Sometimes the Residences of the Parents
A record of marriage provides the following information:
- Names and ages of the bride and groom
- In most cases, the names of the bride's and the groom's parents
- In most cases, the places of birth of the bride and groom
- Whether the bride is a widow or the groom a widower
- In most cases the profession of groom and/or bride
A record of death provides the following information:
- Name of the deceased
- The exact date of death
- In most cases, the name of the deceased's parents
- In most cases, the age of the deceased
- In some cases, the deceased's place of birth
- In some cases, the name of the deceased's spouse
- In most cases, the address of the deceased
Using the Site
WieWasWie is currently a free subscription website.
An upcoming English version was announced during December 2013. It has also been announced that Family Notices and Military Registers will be added in the near future.
WieWasWie is free to search. Images and Scans require payment, but these can usually be accessed for free from FamilySearch.
- This page was last modified on 25 September 2014, at 17:58.
- This page has been accessed 8,614 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More