Netherlands WieWasWie RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
WieWasWie is the premier site for Dutch records. The information from this site is taken directly from several archives. Some church records are also included. This site contains records with over 104 million names. The index is not complete; records are continuously being added. Most notably missing are records from Amsterdam, The Hague and Rotterdam.
Coverage for Large Cities
There are also records included from some of the Dutch colonies.
Records for Amsterdam baptisms before 1811 can be found at: Link
The WieWasWie site includes;
Civil registry records:
- Births (1811 to 1914)
- Marriages (1811 to 1939)
- Deaths (1811 to 1964)
- Death duties - statements of succession
- Church books
- VOC records
- Family Notices (from newspapers etc.)
- Notary records
- Other miscellaneous records and documents
A record of birth provides the following information:
- Name, occupation, age and address of the declarant(s)
- Name, occupation and age of the father
- Name and sometimes the occupation of the mother
- Date and time of the birth and sometimes the address where the birth took place
- Gender and Names of the Baby
- Sometimes the Residences of the Parents
A record of marriage provides the following information:
- Names and ages of the bride and groom
- In most cases, the names of the bride's and the groom's parents
- In most cases, the places of birth of the bride and groom
- Whether the bride is a widow or the groom a widower
- In most cases the profession of groom and/or bride
A record of death provides the following information:
- Name of the deceased
- The exact date of death
- In most cases, the name of the deceased's parents
- In most cases, the age of the deceased
- In some cases, the deceased's place of birth
- In some cases, the name of the deceased's spouse
- In most cases, the address of the deceased
Using the Site
WieWasWie is currently a free subscription website.
In 2014 Family Notices and Military Registers were added to the WieWasWie site.
WieWasWie is currently free to search. Images and Scans may require payment depeding on the originating archive that supplies the images & scans. However most Church books and Civil Registry records can be accessed for free from FamilySearch. Use the Zoekakten website to easily find Church books and Civil Registry records (Ducht only - use Google Chrome to translate).
- This page was last modified on 22 February 2015, at 15:09.
- This page has been accessed 10,410 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News