NevadaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about a western state. For other uses, see Nevada (disambiguation).
United States Nevada
Welcome to Nevada, The Silver State
|How to Find Information about Nevada Ancestors|
Independent Cities: Carson City
Extinct or Renamed Counties: Beaver · Bernalillo · Carson · Desert · Humboldt (Utah) · Iron · Juab · Lake · Millard · Mohave · Ormsby · Pahute · Pah-Ute · Rio Arriba · Rio Virgin · Roop · Saint Mary's · San Juan · Santa Ana · Taos · Tooele · Valencia · Washington · Weber · Nataqua Territory
Nevada State Library and Archives · Nevada Historical Society · University of Nev Las Vegas Libraries · National Archives Pacific Region (Riverside) · National Archives Pacific Region (San Francisco) · Family History Library
Did You Know?
- Nevada has more mountain ranges than any other state. The highest point is at the 13,145 foot top of Boundary Peak.
- Nevada is the largest gold producing state in the United States. Nevada is second in the world behind South Africa.
- Average annual temperature in Las Vegas is 66 degrees F. The annual average daily humidity is 29%.
Name means "snow capped" in Spanish. Nevada is 110,540 square miles; 485 miles long, 315 miles wide, Nevada ranks as the seventh largest in the United States. Nevada was the 36th state to be admitted. Nevada consists of seventeen counties.
- Find which county a town is in, what town a cemetery is in, even where a postoffice or building is by using the United States Geographical Survey's Geographical Names Information System.
- David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures.
- Looking 4 Kin Genealogy & Family History Network - Nevada
- The Nevada GenWeb Project has a wealth of information and is a part of the larger USGenWeb Project. The USGenWeb Project provides internet information on every county in every state in the United States.
- BYU Nevada Research Outline largely duplicates these Wiki pages. Includes some bibliographic lists from BYU Library, 2001.
Wiki articles describing online collections are found at:
- Nevada, County Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Nevada Marriage Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Obtain additional help
- Call or chat with an experienced researcher
- Join a Facebook Group
- Consult a Professional Genealogist
Things You Can Do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
To add your knowledge and help expand the wiki click here:
- This page was last modified on 24 October 2013, at 14:36.
- This page has been accessed 7,029 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More