Nevada, Marriage Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Nevada, Marriage Index, 1956-2005 .
This Collection will include records from 1956 to 2005.
The collection consists of an index to marriages from the Nevada State Health Division, Office of Vital Records. The index is provided by Ancestry.com.
The index may include the following information:
- Name of bride and groom
- Marriage date and place
- Name of spouse (May only list surname)
- Reference ID - Page/Volume/Entry/Certificate Number
How to Use the Record
When searching the index it is helpful to know the following:
- The names of the bride and groom
- The marriage place
- The marriage date
Search the Collection
To search the collection fill in the requested information in the boxes on the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the individuals in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to look at the information on several individuals comparing the information about them to your ancestors to make this determination.
As you are searching it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor’s given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence and age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
- If your ancestor used an alias or a nickname, be sure to check for those alternate names.
- Even though these indexes are very accurate they may still contain inaccuracies, such as altered spellings, misinterpretations, and optical character recognition errors if the information was scanned.
For tips about searching on-line collections see the on-line video at FamilySearch Search Tips.
Using the Information
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Download a copy of the record, or extract the genealogical information needed. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. The information may also lead you to other records about your ancestors.
|FHL Place United States, Nevada items or FHL Keyword Nevada items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Nevada Archives and Libraries.|
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Records collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "Nevada, Marriage Index, 1956-2005." Index. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. From "Nevada, Marriage Index, 1956-2005." Index. Ancestry.com. www.ancestry.com : 2007. Citing Nevada State Health Division, Carson City, and Clark County Marriage Bureau, Las Vegas.
- This page was last modified on 25 August 2014, at 22:04.
- This page has been accessed 10,750 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page