New Brunswick GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A recent index to many published biographies, cemetery records, census records (through 1881), church records, directories, family histories, genealogies, immigration lists, local histories, Loyalist listings, marriage records, periodicals, probate records, and vital records in newspapers is:
- Elliot, Noel Montgomery, ed. The Atlantic Canadians, 1600–1900: An Alphabetized Directory of the People, Places, and Vital Dates. 3 vols. Toronto, Ontario: Genealogical Research Library, 1994. (Family History Library book 971.5 D22a.) Indexes over 500,000 names from various sources for the provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Labrador, and Prince Edward Island. Sources are listed at the end of each volume.
Also see New Brunswick Acadian Genealogy.
Writing and Sharing Your Family History
Sharing your own family history is valuable for several reasons:
- It helps you see gaps in your own research and raises opportunities to find new information.
- It helps other researchers progress in researching ancestors you share in common.
- It draws other researchers to you who already have information about your family that you do not yet possess.
- It draws together researchers with common interests, sparking collaboration opportunities. For instance, researchers in various localities might choose to do lookups for each other in remote repositories. Your readers may also share photos of your ancestors that you have never seen before.
- See also:
Wiki articles describing online collections are found at:
- New Brunswick, Provincial Returns of Births and Late Registrations (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- New Brunswick 1861 Census (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- New Brunswick Births and Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- New Brunswick Provincial Deaths (FamilySerrch Historical Records)
- This page was last modified on 22 September 2013, at 16:55.
- This page has been accessed 2,541 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki