New Hampshire For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The following handbooks will give you more detailed information about New Hampshire research and records:
- Carpenter, Randall C. Descriptive Inventory of the New Hampshire Collection. Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press, 1983. (FHL Book 974.2 A3c; fiche 6075931.) This book provides the microfilm numbers of the New Hampshire records at the Family History Library as of 1983. It has information about the creation of each town and contains maps of the townships in each county. It includes an index to town, church, cemetery, and various other types of records.
- Crandall, Ralph J., ed. Genealogical Research in New England. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing, 1984. (FHL Collection Ref. Book 974 D27gr.) WorldCat entry. This is a “how to” book with information on each of the New England states. The sources available for each state are explained with suggestions for research methodology in New England.
- Melnyk, Marcia Yannizze. Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research. 4th ed. Boston, Mass: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1999. (FHL Collection Book 974 D27g 1993.) WorldCat entry. This source provides detailed information on each of the New England states. The towns are listed along with the dates of origin. Information and addresses are provided for sections on vital records, probate records, societies, periodicals, church records, and land records.
- This page was last modified on 10 October 2010, at 14:43.
- This page has been accessed 452 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More