New Scotland, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in New Salem
Church Cemetery in Slingerlands
Online Church Databases
- Onesquethaw Reformed Church, Clarksville, New York.
Original Church Records
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Genealogical Department. Presbyterian, New Scotland, Albany, New York computer printout; births or christenings, 1784-1873 (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1977). FHL Film 1450719 Items 13-14
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Genealogical Department. Presbyterian, New Scotland, Albany, New York computer printout; marriages, 1807-1867. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1994) FHL Film 1205001 Item 16
- Computer printout of New Scotland, Presbyterian Church, Albany, Newy ((Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1990). FHL Fiche 6901020 (1 fiche)
- Royden Woodward Vosburgh. Records of the Presbyterian Church of New Scotland in the town of New Scotland, Albany County, N.Y., 1787-1893 (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1994). FHL Film 532622 Item 4
- William H. Wanzer. Inscriptions of family burying grounds, Town of New Scotland, Albany Co., N.Y. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1940). FHL Film 17117 Item 1
Archives, Libraries and Museums
The town of New Scotland does not have a library but check out the Upper Hudson Library System of which Albany County is a part of, to locate the towns close to New Scotland that have public libraries.
Albany Public Library
Genealogical Resources: Albany History Room hours differ from regular library hours. Pruyn Collection of Albany History housed in the Albany History Room of the library. Collection includes city directories, newspapers, and census records on film and online.
New Scotland Town Clerk
2029 New Scotland Road
Slingerlands, NY 12159
Collection: Assessment Rolls 1958-1997,Town Board Minutes 1833-1990 and birth, marriage and death records for the town.
New Scotland Town Historian
82 Badgley Lane
Voorheesville, NY 12186
Phone: 518–439–4889, ext. 5721
To locate additional published and transcribed records for New Scotland, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- ↑ "New Scotland Historical Association" at http://www.newscotlandhistoricalassociation.org/index.html (accessed 26 October 2011).
- ↑ Elizabeth Petty Bentley, Genealogist's Address Book: State and Local Resources, with Special Resources Including Ethnic and Religious Organizations, 6th ed. (Baltimore, Md: Genealogical Publ., 2009), 370. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D24ben 2009.
- This page was last modified on 2 April 2012, at 20:53.
- This page has been accessed 3,062 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More