New York, State Census, 1875Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within [[|this collection]] and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: Why are there records from the 1855 census found in this collection?
Answer #1: When these records were filmed, records from the 1855, 1865 and 1875 census were copied onto the same rolls of microfilm. All three New York State Census collections have records from other years occasionally mixed in.
Question #2: Some records seem to be missing from Clarkson in Monroe County. Can you tell me where to find them?
Answer #2: Page 1 of the Clarkson locality in Monroe County was inadvertently filmed and indexed at the end of Brighton E.D. 02 Monroe County. They are located on image 39 in that waypoint.
Question #3: I am looking for the town of Florence in Oneida County. Are these records available?
Answer #3: The towns alphabetically from Clark to Marcy in Oneida County are not available either online or by microfilm. The records appear to be missing.
Question #4: When I click on View Image I am directed to the wrong image. How can I view the correct image?
Answer #4: Note the page number listed on the record details page to see if it matches the page number on the image that comes up. If not, scroll forward or backward a few images until you find the correct page match.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: New York, State Census 1875 > Albany > Albany, Ward 01, E.D. 01 > Image 1 of 70.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the New York 1875 State Census (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the New York, State Census, 1875 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 28 May 2013, at 02:05.
- This page has been accessed 149 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki