Newfield, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Newfield Public Library
Genealogical Resources: Maps, genealogies, school records, church and telephone directories, local history. Archives
Tompkins County Public Library
Genealogical Resources: Local history, newspapers, books
The History Center of Tompkins County
Genealogical Resources: Research and Reference Services
Mary Williams, Research Librarian
Genealogical Resources: Maps, genealogies, newspapers, school records, church and telephone directories, local history. Archives
Genealogical Resources: The Historian may provide access to obituaries, vital records, church records, maps, and family files or journals. Some historians provide search services for their office records and others may refer you to local genealogists who research in the area.
Newfield Town Clerk
166 Main St.
Newfield, NY 14867
The Town Clerk has the records of birth, death, or marriage for the town.
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Newfield, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Elizabeth Petty Bentley, Genealogist's Address Book: State and Local Resources, with Special Resources Including Ethnic and Religious Organizations, 6th ed. (Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Pub., 2009), 473. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D24ben 2009.
- ↑ Central New York Genealogical Society at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nycnygs/index.htm (accessed 1 November 2011).
- This page was last modified on 28 February 2012, at 22:25.
- This page has been accessed 474 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More