Newport Isle of Wight Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Centre article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Newport, Isle of Wight Family History Centre volunteer staff welcome all patrons. Please see below for opening hours and resources available.
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Chestnut Close, Shide, Newport, Isle of Wight, England, UK. PO30 1YD
- Entrance is located at rear of building alongside chapel car park.
- Click on: Newport IOW Family History Centre for Google map showing location.
Phone: 01983 532833
Open Hours: Tuesday 10.00am - 1.00pm, Thursday 6.30pm - 9.00pm
Holiday Schedule: Christmas Closure: Close Friday 19th December 2014, Reopen Tuesday 6th January 2015
Calendar and Events
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Isle of Wight Parish Microfilms: We stock a large number microfilms covering many of the Island parish registers. These may be viewed within our Centre. We recommend booking a microfilm reader to ensure availability.
- Miscellaneous Microfiche:
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We currently possess two computers and two microfilm readers for patron use. Booking either by phone is recommended to ensure availability.
- This page was last modified on 29 January 2015, at 19:55.
- This page has been accessed 687 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More