Nogales Arizona Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We are a small Family History Center located in Nogales, Arizona, not far from the US-Mexico Border. We are open to all residents of Santa Cruz County, and other interested visitors. We have an enthusiastic staff who are trained to assist in your search for your family and roots. We look forward to visiting with you!
Location & Map:
- Address: 621 West Green Place, Nogales, AZ 85621
- Enter through the west doorway on the side of the building. When you enter we are the first door on the left.
- Location on Map
Phone: 520 980-1551
- Wednesday: 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- By appointment at other times
Holiday Schedule: We are closed holidays unless prior arrangements have been made.
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events: Mesa, AZ family history conference in January
Class Schedule: "Using FamilySearch"-- Classes taught every Sunday 10:15-11:00
- Meetings as announced
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The Center also has genealogical journals from a variety of states, Books covering family histories in the United States and Mexico and other resources
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. <u
- Hardware and Equipment
- There are nine computers, 2 printers, and 2 microfilm readers available for use in finding your ancestors, as well as an extensive collection of microfilm covering Mexico, Puerto Rico, the United States and Europe. Other films can be ordered as needed
Staff Research Specialties
Many staff members are bilingual in English and Spanish, and experienced in researching individuals and families in the United States, Mexico, Great Britian, Northern and Eastern Europe.
Staff are trained in use of FamilySearch.org, new.familysearch.org, Ancestry.com, family search wiki, family search forums, and and other online search engines.
Staff members are proficient in locating and ordering microfilm from around the world to access information not as yet on the Web.
Resources in the Local Area
The Tumacacori National Park has done extensive research of the early records of the Santa Cruz Valley area and the Pimeria Alta in Mexico and Arizona. These records are available on line through Mission2000, a National Park site. See link below
Museum of the Pimeria Alta, located in Nogales, Arizona
The Nogales Public Library
Volunteer at the Center
Contact center director if you are interestied in serving as a volunteer
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:13.
- This page has been accessed 499 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More