Noord-BrabantEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Netherlands > Noord-Brabant
For Geographical and Historical information see: Noord-Brabant
The capital city of Noord-Brabant is 's-Hertogenbosch or Den Bosch. See: 's-Hertogenbosch
Did you know?
- Excluded from the province of Noord-Brabant are a few small enclaves in the mid-south of the province, which together are called Baarle-Hertog and Baarle-Nassau and belong to Belgium.
Famous people associated with Vught:
- Corrie ten Boom, Christian Holocaust survivor who housed Jewish families in her home, author of "The Hiding Place" Corrie ten Boom
- Betsie ten Boom, Corrie ten Boom's sister Betsie ten Boom
- Stefan Pook, the man who was detained the longest in Kamp Vught, one of the concentration camps build during World War II in the Netherlands Kamp Vught
A great web-sites for genealogical research are:
Researchers who need to search the Civil Registration records (records after 1811) in Noord-Brabant need to use the records of the appropriate municipalities. The Church records are generally found in the local towns.
Things you can do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
However, please do not change the lay-out of the pages you would like to work on as considerable thought went into what has already been entered. But we love to have your help as mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 3 July 2012, at 16:39.
- This page has been accessed 377 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More