Norfolk County, MassachusettsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Norfolk County, Massachusetts|
Location in the state of Massachusetts
Location of Massachusetts in the U.S.
|Founded||March 26, 1793|
|Address|| Norfolk County Courthouse|
650 High Street
Dedham, Ma 02026-1855
Norfolk County Website
Probate Judge has divorce and probate records;
Clerk Courts has court records from 1928; register
of deeds has land records.
Towns Organized Before 1800
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Norfolk County, Massachusetts census records online, see: Massachusetts Census.
1855 Massachusetts State Census—a free searchable index and images to the 1855 Massachusetts State Census can be viewed on the FamilySearch Record Search. This index includes every name listed on the census and is linked to an image including information about each person’s residence and age in 1855, birthplace, occupation, other family members, and neighbors.
1865 Massachusetts State Census—a free searchable index and images to the 1865 Massachusetts State Census can be viewed on the FamilySearch Record Search This index includes every name listed on the census and is linked to an image including information about each person’s residence and age in 1865, birthplace, occupation, other family members, and neighbors.
Land and Property
Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Boston newspapers and The Lowell Sun (1878-1977) covering local news that included residents from Norfolk County communities.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Norfolk County MA GenWeb Project, an member of The MAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Norfolk County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Norfolk County (backup site)
- Norfolk County Massachuesetts History & Genealogy Blog - by David Lambert
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Norfolk County
- ↑ "Old Norfolk County Records," Essex Antiquarian 1, no. 2 (February 1897), 19-20. Part of NEHGS American Ancestors Search. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Film 599729 Item 2; Book 974.45 B2a.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 330. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists, 181.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 225-26. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
|This Massachusetts-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 22 March 2013, at 16:54.
- This page has been accessed 2,124 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More