Norfolk Emigration and ImmigrationEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- "In the time of Queen Elizabeth I (1558-1603) a great number of 'strangers' came to Norfolk from Holland and Belgium bringing with them their foreign names."
- "When the Huguenots, the French Protestants, were being driven out of France. Many came to Norfolk. Most Huguenots who came here were well educated and skilled at some important craft. Many were silversmiths."
- "The Ships List" provides information gleaned from the Norwich Mercury, regarding those from Norfolk leaving this area.
- Norfolk's American Connections: Courtesy of the Norfolk County Council
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found
- This page was last modified on 16 December 2013, at 01:37.
- This page has been accessed 543 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page