North Carolina, County Marriage Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: I cannot find my ancestors. Are all the records included in this collection?
Answer #1: This collection is a work in progress. The Description on the Home Page of the collection describes the records that are currently available. Additional records [index and images] will be added as they are completed.” Until then, the microfilms can be ordered and viewed at a local FamilySearch Center. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche.
If you cannot find your ancestors online, go to the Catalog, and perform a search using Keyword (beta): “North Carolina, [name of] County, marriages,” read through the Catalog Film Notes, and order the appropriate microfilm(s) online.
Question #2: There seems to be a lot of wives named Marg, Margaret, or Mary Bond. How can I find the correct wife’s name?
Answer #2: When searching for your ancestors, and you encounter a wife’s name as Marg, Margaret, or Mary Bond, you will need to view the image to verify the correct spouse’s name until this transcription error is corrected. The indexer erroneously transcribed “Marriage Bond” as a woman’s name.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: North Carolina, County Marriages, 1762-1979 > 004138419 > Image 245 of 638.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the North Carolina County Marriage Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the North Carolina, County Marriages, 1762-1979 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 12 May 2014, at 04:00.
- This page has been accessed 1,320 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page