North Carolina GazetteersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Powell, William Stevens. The North Carolina Gazetteer. Chapel Hill, N.C.: University of North Carolina Press, 1968. FHL Book 975.6 E5p. This gazetteer lists the names of numerous cities and their geographical features and includes the names and locations of many cities that no longer exist.
- Gioe, Joan Colbert. North Carolina, Her Counties, Her Townships, and Her Towns. Indianapolis, Ind.: The Researchers, 1981. 975.6 E5g. This gazetteer contains town and township maps and a place-name index.
To learn when a particular county was organized and from which county it was created, you may wish to consult:
- Corbitt, David Leroy. The Formation of the North Carolina Counties, 1663–1943. Raleigh, N.C.: State Department of Archives and History, 1969. FHL Book 975.6 E2cd; FHL Film 844933 item 2.)
Gazetteers can be found in the FamilySearch Catalog by using a Place Search under:
NORTH CAROLINA- GAZETTEERSNORTH CAROLINA- NAMES, GEOGRAPHICAL
- This page was last modified on 17 September 2014, at 23:31.
- This page has been accessed 2,716 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki