North Carolina PeriodicalsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Among the periodicals for North Carolina are:
- Bulletin of the Genealogical Society of Old Tryon County. 1973–. Published by the Genealogical Society of Old Tryon County, P.O. Box 938, Forest City, NC 28043. Telephone: 704-245-4000. (Family History Center book 975.6 D25b; on 66 Family History Library fiche beginning with 6050630.) Old Tryon County took in the western counties of North Carolina.
- Bulletin of the Wilkes Genealogical Society. 1972–. Published by the Wilkes Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 1629, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28659. (Family History Center book 975.682 B2b.) From 1967 to 1972, the title was Bulletin of the Original Wilkes County. Wilkes County took in the area of northwestern North Carolina near Virginia and Tennessee.
- The Carolina Genealogist. 1969–. Published by Heritage Papers, Danielsville, Georgia 30633. (Family History Center book 975 B2cg.) The Family History Library has volumes 1–36, 38 and 45–52. This periodical has information about North and South Carolina.
- Journal of North Carolina Genealogy. (Formerly: The North Carolinian.) 1955–1972. Published through 1974 by W. P. Johnson, Raleigh, North Carolina. (Family History Center book 975.6 B2j.) Each issue is indexed. There is also a 50-year index for 1924 to 1973.
- North Carolina Genealogical Society Journal. 1975–. Published quarterly by the North Carolina Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 30815, Raleigh, North Carolina 27622-0815. (Family History Center book 975.6 B2s.) Each issue is indexed. Consult the North Carolina Genealogical Society website for information about submissiosn for the journal. Books for review are accepted, reviewed and then deposited at the North Carolina State Library.
- The North Carolina Historical Review. 1924–. Published by the North Carolina Historical Commission, 109 East Jones Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 17611. Telephone 919-703-2570. (Family History Center book 975.6 B2h.) A 50-year index for 1924 to 1973 is available:
- North Carolina. Division of Archives and History. Department of Cultural Resources. The North Carolina Historical Review: Fifty- year Index. 1924–1973. (Family History Center book 975.6 B2h index.)
- The Quarterly Review. 1974–. Published by the Eastern North Carolina Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 395, New Bern, North Carolina 28560. (Family History Center book 975.6 B2e.) There is an index to volumes 1–4 for 1974 to 1977:
- The Quarterly Review Index of the Eastern North Carolina Genealogical Society. Havelock, North Carolina: Eastern North Carolina Genealogical Society, 1987. (Family History Center book 975.6 B2e index.)
Most periodicals listed above have annual indexes in the final issue for the year. Cumulative indexes of several years are also available for many of them. For nationwide indexes to some of these and other family history periodicals, see:
Periodical Source Index (PERSI)
Ft. Wayne, Indiana: Allen County Public Library Foundation, 1987–. (Family History Center book 973 D25per; fiche 6016863 [set of 40] (1847–1985); fiche 6016864 [set of 15] (1986–1990).)PERSI indexes over 1.1 million articles in over 5,000 English-language and French-Canadian family history periodicals. Annual indexes have been published yearly since 1986. For computer editions, see: HeritageQuest.
Family History Library Collection
You can find more family history periodicals in the Family History Library Catalog by using a Place Search under:
NORTH CAROLINA- PERIODICALS
NORTH CAROLINA- GENEALOGY- PERIODICALS
NORTH CAROLINA- SOCIETIES- PERIODICALS
NORTH CAROLINA- HISTORY- PERIODICALS
NORTH CAROLINA , [COUNTY]- PERIODICALS
NORTH CAROLINA, [COUNTY]- GENEALOGY- PERIODICALS
NORTH CAROLINA, [COUNTY]- SOCIETIES- PERIODICALS
- This page was last modified on 14 August 2014, at 23:58.
- This page has been accessed 3,755 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More