North Dakota BiographyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Search statewide, regional, and county histories for biographical information.
The North Dakota Biography Index database at the Institute for Regional Studies, North Dakota State University, indexes over 219,000 biographical sketches found in some 762 publications.
Representative biographical encyclopedias are:
- Aberle, George P. Pioneers and Their Sons.. . .Two Volumes. Bismarck, North Dakota: Tumbleweed Press, 1980. (Family History Library film 1035608.) Includes family histories.
- Compendium of History and Biography of North Dakota Containing a History of North Dakota. . . . Chicago, Illinois: George A. Ogle & Company, 1900. (Family History Library film 982021.)
- Crawford, Lewis F. et al. History of North Dakota and North Dakota Biography. Three Volumes. Chicago, Illinois: The American Historical Society, 1931. (Family History Library film 1036393.) Volumes 2 and 3 are biographical.
- Lounsberry, Clement Augustus. North Dakota History and People. Three Volumes. Chicago, Illinois: S.J. Clarke, 1917. (Family History Library 982024; volume 3 on film 982025.)
- Bibliography of Agricultural and Rural Life Literature 1860-1945: North Dakota
- This page was last modified on 12 July 2013, at 20:24.
- This page has been accessed 2,056 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback