North East, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Archives, Libraries and Museums
The town of North East is part of the Mid-Hudson Library System which includes Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Putnam and Ulster Counties. Check out the Mid-Hudson Library System to locate libraries close to North East.
| Dutchess County Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 708
Poughkeepsie, NY 12602
| Genealogical Resources: Family History Center, vital records, local records, maps, compiled genealogies, censuses, military records, Palatine immigration records. Online library guide.|
| Dutchess County Historical Society
The Clinton House
549 Main Street
| Genealogical Resources: Family Bibles, cemetery records, local and church histories, city directories, more than 125 family histories, genealogy surname files, maps, newspapers, New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, Year Books of the Holland Society of New York, Olde Ulster, probate records, school yearbooks.|
Historical Societies of Dutchess County.
Historian (Currently vacant)
To locate additional published and transcribed records for North East, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- ↑ Smith, James H. History of Dutchess County, New York. "History of the Town of Northeast", Part 1. Transcribed copy. http://www.usgennet.org/usa/ny/county/dutchess/dutch/Hist/northeast1.htm, accessed January 2012.
- ↑ Smith, James H. History of Dutchess County, New York. "History of the Town of Northeast", Part 2. Transcribed copy. http://www.usgennet.org/usa/ny/county/dutchess/dutch/Hist/northeast2.htm, accessed January 2012.
- ↑ Elizabeth Petty Bentley, Genealogist's Address Book: State and Local Resources, with Special Resources Including Ethnic and Religious Organizations, 6th ed. (Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Pub., 2009), 400. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D24ben 2009.
- This page was last modified on 20 January 2012, at 19:06.
- This page has been accessed 921 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki