North Newton, SomersetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to North Newton, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|North Newton, Somerset|
|Poor Law Union||Bridgwater PLU|
|Parish registers: 1778|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1640|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Taunton|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
NEWTON, NORTH, a chapelry, in the parish and hundred of North Petherton, union of Bridgwater, W. division of Somerset.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
North Newton St Peter parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|NORTH NEWTON ST PETER PARISH Online Records|
||1763-1807, 1813-1900|| |
North Newton St Michael parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|NORTH NEWTON ST MICHAEL Parish Online Records|
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 409-413. Date accessed and adapted: 07 March 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- ↑ E 179 Database, The National Archives, http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e179/, accessed 8 August 2013.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:35.
- This page has been accessed 732 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page