North Tuddenham, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to North Tuddenham, Norfolk family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|North Tuddenham, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Mitford and Launditch PLU|
|Parish registers: 1560|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
TUDDENHAM, NORTH and WEST (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Mitford, W. division of Norfolk, 4¼ miles (E. by S.) from East Dereham. 
North Tuddenham St Mary is an Ancient Parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
It was built in the 1400's and has undergone several renovations over the intervening centuries.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438864.
North Tuddenham, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|North Tuddenham, Norfolk Online Records|
This parish's registers do not appear at FamilySearch Historical Records as no microfilm for the parish is held at the Family History Library.
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
|Baptisms and burials 1725-1812 Marriages 1725-1811 (Title board mislabeled as item 7.)|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526812 Item 8
Poor Law Unions
Records of the Mitford and Launditch Poor Law Union1776-1948
Norfolk Record Office C/GP 14
The following parishes comprised the 1836 union: Bawdeswell, Beeston, Beetley, Billingford, East Bilney, Bintry, Brisley, Bylaugh, Colkirk, Cranworth, East Dereham, Great Dunham, Little Dunham, North Elmham, Elsing, Foxley, Great Fransham, Little Fransham, Garvestone, Gately, Gressenhall, Guist, Hardingham, Hockering, Hoe, Horningtoft, Kempstone, Letton, East Lexham, West Lexham, Litcham, Longham, Lyng, Mattishall, Mattishall Burgh, Mileham, Oxwick with Pattesley, Reymerstone, Rougham, Scarning, Shipdham, Southburgh, Sparham, Stanfield, Swanton Morley, Thuxton, Tittleshall, East Tuddenham, North Tuddenham, Twyford, Weasenham All Saints, Weasenham St Peter, Wellingham, Wendling, Westfield, Whinburgh, Whissonsett, Wood Rising, Worthing, Yaxham.
All fifty parishes of Mitford and Launditch Hundreds were incorporated in 1775 under the terms of An act for the better relief and employment of the poor within the hundreds of Mitford and Launditch, 15 Geo. III, cap. 59. In 1801 the parish of East Dereham separated from the Incorporation, but in 1836 all fifty original parishes plus ten from Eynesford Hundred joined together in a new union. The House of Industry belonging to the old incorporation, built at Gressenhall in 1776-1777, was repaired and altered in 1836 to become the new Union Workhouse. Mitford and Launditch Union Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 10 in 1930.
Norfolk Poor Law Unions
- Mitford 1837-1938
- East Dereham 1939-1974
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 398-401. Date accessed: 30 April 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 22 October 2014, at 16:47.
- This page has been accessed 964 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki