Northampton England Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Centre Contacts and Hours
- 137 Harlestone Road Duston Northampton England NN5 6AA United Kingdom
- (Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)r>
- 44 0 160-458 7630
- Tues: 10:00am - 4:00pm and 7:00pm -9:00pm.
- Wed: 10:00am - 4:00pm.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 desktop computers all with Internet access and connected to a printer
- 2 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
Staff Research Specialties
All staff are volunteers with varying levels of knowlege. Most are able to help absolute beginners get started and/or with indexing. For more advanced or specialised advice please specify this when booking so that you can be matched with a member of staff who is best suited to help you. We do have one volunteer who can give some advice on Irish Ancestry. Other staff specialities include local history, Rootsmagic, Newfamilysearch, Familysearch, Internet portal sites such as Ancestry, Findmypast, The Genealogist and free websites.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 18 September 2014, at 08:20.
- This page has been accessed 1,242 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki